A fantastic technique to get money without constantly exchanging your time for it is through passive income. There are numerous passive income opportunities for artists that enjoy drawing that enable you to earn money while showing your artistic abilities and creativity. Creating a colouring book, launching a YouTube channel, selling products, writing a course or eBook, accepting commissions, and producing and selling physical prints are some of the most well-liked passive income ideas for artists. You can generate passive money while pursuing your passion for drawing by investigating these possibilities and figuring out which one suits you and your creative preferences best.
Here are some suggestions to take into account if you enjoy drawing and want to generate passive income:
Table of Contents
- 1. Online art prints for sale
- 2. Make a colouring publication
- 3. Start a YouTube channel
- 4. Sell merchandise
- 5. Produce an eBook or course
- 6. Offer commission work
- 7. Create and sell physical prints
1. Online art prints for sale
For artists who enjoy drawing, selling digital art prints online is a fantastic passive income source. This is how it goes:
You must first produce digital representations of your artwork. Your original sketches or paintings can be scanned or photographed in order to accomplish this, and then they can be edited in a programme like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. In order for the photographs to meet the specifications of the site you’ll be selling on, you might also need to resize or format them.
When your digital assets are prepared, you can open an online store on websites like Society6, RedBubble, or Etsy. You can post your digital artwork to these platforms and sell download-only prints of it. You can decide whether to make collections based on themes or styles or sell prints individually.
For example, that you used watercolours to paint a collection of animal portraits. These paintings can be scanned, then edited in Photoshop to produce high-quality digital files. Afterwards, you may submit these files to your Etsy store and sell the downloaded prints there. Your prints can be priced according on their size, quality, and the amount of work and effort you put into making them.
It’s crucial to have clear, high-quality photographs that highlight your artwork together with effective product descriptions to draw people to your digital art prints. Also, you may advertise your prints on social media sites like Instagram or Pinterest to attract a larger audience.
You may make passive money from your artwork without worrying about shipping or handling by selling digital art prints online. After your store is set up and your digital assets are uploaded, you can continue to make money off of your artwork while concentrating on producing more of it.
2. Make a colouring publication
For artists who enjoy drawing, publishing a colouring book is a fun and original method to generate passive income. The stages to making a colouring book are as follows:
1. Choose a theme: A theme should be chosen for your colouring book. Animals, natural objects, or abstract patterns are all acceptable examples. Choose a subject that both you and your intended audience find interesting.
2. Draw your images: Based on the theme you’ve picked, start making your drawings. Employ any preferred medium, such as pencils or markers. Make sure your drawings are clear and easy enough for someone else to fill in. Drawings can be made digitally or on paper using programmes like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
3. Scan or take a picture of your drawings: After you’ve finished drawing, you need to digitise them by scanning or taking a picture of them. Make sure your photographs are crisp and high-quality, and that the lighting is adequate.
4. Modify your photographs: To change the brightness, contrast, or colours in your images, you might need to use editing tools like Photoshop or Illustrator. To make your designs more fascinating, you can also include extra components or specifics.
5. Create the layout for your colouring book using a programme like Adobe InDesign or Canva. Select your book’s size and layout, and then organise your drawings such that they make sense.
6. Provide a cover: Make your colouring book’s cover appealing and display your artwork and topic.
When your colouring book is finished, you may publish it on websites like Amazon or Etsy. 7. Also, you can create your own replicas and market them at nearby craft fairs and gatherings.
By publishing a colouring book, you can let others enjoy and be creative while also making passive revenue from your artwork. A good colouring book may be made with a little imagination and work, and it will delight readers of all ages.
3. Start a YouTube channel
Drawing enthusiasts can share their talents and get passive income by starting a YouTube channel. The following are the measures to launch a profitable YouTube channel:
1. Establish your niche: Choose a particular area of expertise or subject for your channel. This might be anything from time-lapse films of your artwork to evaluations of art materials to sketching tutorials. Choose a niche that interests you and will be appealing to your intended audience.
2. Create a content plan: Have a plan for the type of material you’ll produce for your channel, including the subjects, lengths of the videos, and upload schedules. Make sure your content is interesting and of excellent quality.
3. Configure your channel Establish a YouTube channel and create an account. Upload a profile photo and a banner image to personalise the branding for your channel.
4. Produce your videos: Make sure you use a high-quality camera and microphone. Make sure your audio and lighting are of high quality. Using programmes like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, you can record your videos.
5. Edit your videos: Use programmes like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro to edit your videos. Remove any extraneous video and, if necessary, add text, music, or graphics.
6. Submit your videos: After editing them, add them to your channel. Make sure your video names, descriptions, and tags are optimised for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) so that potential viewers may find them more quickly.
7. Market your channel: To attract a larger audience, market your channel on social media sites like Instagram or Twitter. To increase exposure, team up with other YouTubers in your niche.
8. Make money from your channel: If it has gained popularity, you may make money from your videos by selling advertisements, sponsorships, or your own digital goods like eBooks or online courses.
You can connect with others who share your passion for drawing through creating a YouTube channel, cultivating a network of like-minded people, and generating passive money from your artwork. You may build an influential and entertaining YouTube channel by being consistent and working hard.
4. Sell merchandise
Another fantastic approach for artists who love to sketch to get passive income is by selling products. These are some starting points:
1. Choose your piece of art: To include on your merchandise, pick some of your greatest and most well-liked artwork. This can take the form of prints, stickers, t-shirts, phone covers, and more. Ensure that the artwork you use is of a good calibre and appealing to your intended audience.
2. Find suppliers: For your product, compare various vendors. Search for vendors who can personalise your designs, deliver high-quality products at reasonable pricing.
3. Design your designs: To produce your designs for your items, use programmes like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Ensure that your designs are high-resolution and formatted correctly for each type of product.
4. Create an online store: Create an online store to sell your products on websites like Shopify or Etsy. Upload your designs and customise the branding for your store.
5. Market your products: To reach a larger audience, market your products on social media sites like Instagram or Twitter. To increase awareness, work with influencers and utilise hashtags.
6. Complete orders: After you receive orders for your goods, complete them by working with your supplier or, if you have the resources, producing the goods yourself. Be sure to properly package your goods and add any essential branding or marketing materials.
You may generate passive revenue from your artwork while promoting your brand and growing your following by selling goods. You may develop a successful apparel line that appeals to your customers and admirers with a little imagination and work.
5. Produce an eBook or course
Another fantastic approach for artists who love to draw to make passive money is to create a course or eBook. These are some starting points:
1. Choose a topic: Choose a particular drawing-related subject that you are skilled and enthusiastic about. This might be anything from a lesson on digital art methods to a beginner’s guide to drawing. Make sure your topic is worthwhile and pertinent to the people you want to reach.
2. Research the subject: To learn more about your subject and gain understanding, do extensive research. Utilize credible sources, and add your own own viewpoint and knowledge.
3. Produce your material: Create your eBook using software like Microsoft Word or Google Documents, and your course using Teachable or Udemy. Make sure your content is interesting, well-written, and simple to read.
4. Create your content: To create your eBook or course materials, use programmes like Adobe InDesign or Canva. Make sure your design is both professional and aesthetically pleasing.
5. Set a product price: Choose a reasonable and competitive pricing for your course or eBook. Take into account elements like the length of your material, the value it offers, and the spending power of your target audience.
6. Set up your sales funnel: To market and sell your eBook or course, set up a sales funnel. To do this, you might make a landing page, start an email list, or use social media to advertise.
7. Release your product: Once it is complete, publish it on your website or a marketplace like Amazon or Gumroad. To reach your target market, promote your goods through email marketing and social media.
You can get passive money from your artwork while sharing your knowledge and skills with others by developing a course or eBook. You can build a profitable digital product that benefits your customers and positions you as an industry authority with high-quality content and smart marketing.
6. Offer commission work
Another fantastic approach for artists who love to sketch to get passive income is by taking on commission work. These are some starting points:
1. Define your personal style. Describe the distinctive artistic approach that makes you stand out from other artists. This can be done in a realistic or cartoonish manner. Assure your target audience that your style is consistent and appealing.
2. Establish your pricing: Provide a price for the commission job you will be doing. Take into account elements like the artwork’s complexity, the time required to finish it, and your level of competence.
3. Market your offerings: Through social media sites like Instagram or Twitter, advertise your commission labour services. To increase awareness, work with influencers and utilise hashtags. Display your portfolio and offer illustrations of your prior work.
4. Provide a clear line of communication: Maintain open lines of communication with your customers to make sure you comprehend what they have in mind for the commission task. To specify the project’s parameters, the timetable, and the terms of payment, use a contract.
5. Finish the project: After accepting a commission work project, finish it within the specified time frame and give the client regular updates. Any worries or problems should be addressed right away.
6. Deliver the finished product: Quickly and professionally provide the finished product to the client. Make sure the artwork is of a good calibre and fits the client’s requirements.
You can generate passive revenue from your artwork by taking on commissions, which will also help you build client relationships and broaden your portfolio. You can establish a profitable commission work business that draws loyal customers and good recommendations by producing high-quality work and using efficient communication techniques.
7. Create and sell physical prints
Another fantastic approach for artists who love to draw to get passive income is by producing and selling tangible prints. These are some starting points:
1. Choose your piece of art: To include in your physical copies, pick some of your greatest and most well-liked artwork. Ensure that the artwork you use is of a good calibre and appealing to your intended audience.
2. Investigate printing alternatives: For your actual prints, research several printing possibilities. Search for printing companies that provide a range of sizes and materials and are of good quality.
3. Create an online store: Create an online store to sell your physical prints on websites like Shopify or Etsy. Upload your designs and customise the branding for your store.
4. Market your prints: To reach a larger audience, market your actual prints on social media sites like Instagram or Twitter. To increase awareness, work with influencers and utilise hashtags.
5. Complete orders: If you receive requests for your physical prints, complete them by working with your printing company or, if you have the resources, by making the prints yourself. Ensure that your prints are packaged properly and that any required branding or promotional materials are included.
6. Participate in events: Go to art fairs and other gatherings to display and offer your actual prints for sale. A quality display and plenty of prints should be available.
You may generate passive money from your artwork while marketing your business and growing your following by producing and selling tangible prints. You may develop a profitable physical prints line that appeals to your followers and clients with a little imagination and work.
In conclusion, those who enjoy drawing have a lot of options for passive income. These concepts not only give artists a way to make money while showing their abilities, but they also give them a chance to grow their audience and build their brand. There are several possibilities available for artists, including selling physical prints, giving commission work, publishing a colouring book, launching a YouTube channel, selling items, developing a course or eBook, or selling merchandise. Artists can make passive income while pursuing their passion for drawing by experimenting with these concepts and figuring out what suits their individual style and interests the best.